It’s the thirteenth anniversary of the passage of the Affordable Care Act. In honor of its birthday, we’re sharing 13 things you need to know about Pennie!
- Pennie is Pennsylvania’s official online health insurance marketplace! If you don’t have insurance from an employer, Medicaid, or Medicare, you can purchase a health insurance plan through Pennie.
- Pennie is a one-stop shop where you can compare plans and enroll online. Pennie offers coverage options in every county in Pennsylvania!
- Pennie offers financial assistance that makes plans more affordable. 9 out of 10 Pennsylvanians qualify for financial assistance!
- Thanks to the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, Pennie plans are even more affordable now than they were in the past. The average Pennsylvanian saves $2,400 each year on their plan thanks to these new tax credits!
- All Pennie plans offer coverage for essential health benefits, like prescription drugs, hospital care, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health care and more!
- Pennie plans also cover pre-existing conditions, thanks to the Affordable Care Act!
- Everyone can enroll in a plan during Open Enrollment, which is November 15th through January 15th each year.
- Many people can enroll even when it’s not Open Enrollment if they are low-income, lost health coverage, moved, got married or divorced, and more!
- If you lose access to Medical Assistance because you no longer qualify when pandemic-era rules change, you can sign up for a plan through Pennie.
- You don’t need to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for Pennie coverage. As long as you are “lawfully present,” you can enroll in a Pennie plan!
- It’s tax season. If you don’t have insurance coverage, you can get information and a special chance to enroll by simply filling out a form on your taxes.
- You can purchase dental insurance through Pennie along with your health insurance!
- Need help figuring out whether Pennie will work for you? Call or text PHAN’s FREE helpline to speak with our highly qualified navigators at 877-570-3642.
Learn more at Pennie.com!