- Who We Are
- Our Focus
- Bringing Jobs and Coverage to Working Pennsylvanians
- Getting Implementation Right in PA!
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stopping Excessive Rate Hikes
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
- Protecting Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ready, Set, Go! How YOU Can Get Covered Under Obamacare
- What Does Obamacare Mean for You? For All of Us?
- For Everyone: Learn about the Affordable Care Act
- For Uninsured, Underinsured: Where to Turn for Help
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- For Small Businesses: Tools and Information
- For Advocates: PHAN's Policy Call Series
- What You Can Do
- Media Center
What We're Working On:
The Pennsylvania Health Access Network is working at the state and federal levels to protect and expand access to quality, affordable coverage so that everyone in Pennsylvania--seniors, working families, small businesses and those without job-based insurance can have some security and peace of mind when it comes to their health.
For us, this means working for a working a system that puts folks on solid ground, offers real choices that are quality and affordable, and gives families and small businesses the peace of mind, security and stability that comes with having good coverage that's there when you need it.
That's why we are committed to ensuring that the benefits, protections and new choices in the Affordable Care Act are there for all Pennsylvanians. That important work includes:
- Helping working families and small businesses understand and access the benefits of the Affordable Care Act
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act from opponents attempts to block, defund or otherwise undercut the benefits and protections the law brings
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace in Pennsylvania to Bring Stability and Quality Choices for families and small business
- Monitoring and responding to rate hikes to ensure that health insurance rates are reasonable and affordable for all those seeking coverage in Pennsylvania
PHAN’s Principles for a Healthy Pennsylvania:Access to quality health care for all Pennsylvanians Access to affordable health insurance for all Pennsylvanians Effective controls to keep health care and premium costs down Shared responsibility for health system costs
We are also focused on protecting existing health programs at both the state and federal levels, including Medicare and Medicaid.