- Who We Are
- Our Focus
- Bringing Jobs and Coverage to Working Pennsylvanians
- Getting Implementation Right in PA!
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stopping Excessive Rate Hikes
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
- Protecting Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ready, Set, Go! How YOU Can Get Covered Under Obamacare
- What Does Obamacare Mean for You? For All of Us?
- For Everyone: Learn about the Affordable Care Act
- For Uninsured, Underinsured: Where to Turn for Help
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- For Small Businesses: Tools and Information
- For Advocates: PHAN's Policy Call Series
- What You Can Do
- Media Center
Bringing Jobs and Secure Coverage to Pennsylvania
A Huge Opportunity for Pennsylvania Families, Businesses & Hospitals
Taking advantage of this unparalleled opportunity would allow Pennsylvania to bring health coverage to 600,000 -- 800,000 residents, lowering our uninsured rate by over 50%.
The federal government will pay the majority of the costs. From 2014 -- 2017 the federal government will reimburse states 100% of the costs of coverage; after that the reimbursement rate will slowly go down until it steadies out at 90%. This will bring an additional $43.3 billion in federal funding into Pennsylvania's budget between 2013 -- 2022.
Pennsylvania's state spending on the Medicaid program would only see a modest increase of 1.4% ($250 million per year) between 2013 -- 2022. The significant savings and revenue generated from accepting this opportunity will greatly outweigh the costs.
Read our special report "Making the Right Choice for Pennsylvania: Seizing the Opportunity in the Medicaid Expansion" to learn more about the benefits of extending coverage.