- Who We Are
- Our Focus
- Bringing Jobs and Coverage to Working Pennsylvanians
- Getting Implementation Right in PA!
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stopping Excessive Rate Hikes
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
- Protecting Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ready, Set, Go! How YOU Can Get Covered Under Obamacare
- What Does Obamacare Mean for You? For All of Us?
- For Everyone: Learn about the Affordable Care Act
- For Uninsured, Underinsured: Where to Turn for Help
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- For Small Businesses: Tools and Information
- For Advocates: PHAN's Policy Call Series
- What You Can Do
- Media Center
Leadership Training in Williamsport
We had a great group of people at PHAN's first Leadership Initiative Training Workshop in north-central PA: activists, small business owners, nurses, teachers, and community leaders. They had excellent questions about Medicare, how the reform is being funded, what the Exchanges are all about, and on and on. This is not a simple piece of legislation, that's for sure, but the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is a great step forward to improve quality and access of health care for everyone, especially seniors.Unfortunately, seniors in particular, and in this region especially, have been the targets of all sorts of misinformation and disinformation, scary robo-calls, viral emails, and nasty ads meant to frighten them about higher taxes and less access. Nothing could be further from the truth. If there's one group that health care reform benefits the most, it's seniors, with Medicare now providing free preventive care and eliminating the donut hole in Medicare Part D. And that's just two of the most obvious benefits.
But we need to get the word out to as many people as possible, and that's just what we're going to do in Williamsport and the surrounding area in the coming months, with presentations at senior centers, clubs, and even the local historical society. And of course, on this website: look for changes and lots more info coming soon here.