- Who We Are
- Our Focus
- Bringing Jobs and Coverage to Working Pennsylvanians
- Getting Implementation Right in PA!
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stopping Excessive Rate Hikes
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
- Protecting Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ready, Set, Go! How YOU Can Get Covered Under Obamacare
- What Does Obamacare Mean for You? For All of Us?
- For Everyone: Learn about the Affordable Care Act
- For Uninsured, Underinsured: Where to Turn for Help
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- For Small Businesses: Tools and Information
- For Advocates: PHAN's Policy Call Series
- What You Can Do
- Media Center
BREAKING: Supreme Court Rules Affordable Care Act Here to Stay!
With Chief Justice Roberts casting the deciding vote, the Supreme Court affirmed the Affordable Care Act's constitutionality. We'll be posting more detailed analysis and news on the ruling throughout the day.
Antoinette Kraus, project director for the Pennsylvania Health Access Network, issued the following statement:
Supreme Court Decides ACA is Here to Stay, Time for Pa. Policymakers to Get Moving
“Today’s Supreme Court ruling is a victory for millions of Pennsylvania families, seniors and small business owners. Young adults can remain on their parents’ health plans, insurance companies cannot deny us when we get sick and our grandparents will continue to get help with their prescription coverage.
Millions of Americans have already benefited from the Affordable Care Act and millions more will benefit from additional consumer protections and a new insurance marketplace that will provide affordable health care options to small businesses and families. Nearly 1.3 million uninsured Pennsylvanians will now be able to find quality affordable health coverage.
The Supreme Court has made it clear that the Affordable Care Act is here to stay. It is now time for Governor Corbett and our elected leaders in Harrisburg to get to work implementing the Affordable Care Act in Pennsylvania. All Pennsylvanians deserve to have access to affordable health care that allows them to be healthy and productive members of their communities.”