- Who We Are
- Our Focus
- Bringing Jobs and Coverage to Working Pennsylvanians
- Getting Implementation Right in PA!
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- Establishing a Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stopping Excessive Rate Hikes
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
- Protecting Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ready, Set, Go! How YOU Can Get Covered Under Obamacare
- What Does Obamacare Mean for You? For All of Us?
- For Everyone: Learn about the Affordable Care Act
- For Uninsured, Underinsured: Where to Turn for Help
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- For Small Businesses: Tools and Information
- For Advocates: PHAN's Policy Call Series
- What You Can Do
- Media Center
Supreme Court Holds Our Health in Their Hands. What Will Their Decision Mean for You?
For Georgeanne Koehler, the Affordable Care Act means that no more families will have to endure the pain and loss that hers felt after losing their brother, Billy, after he was denied life-saving care because of his pre-existing health condition.
For Stacie Ritter, the Affordable Care Act means that her twin daughters who have been bravely fighting cancer can continue getting the treatments they need to grow and be healthy without the family facing medical bankruptcy over insurance costs.
And for all of us, the Affordable Care Act means a better, more secure future for our families. One where we -- not big insurance companies -- are in control of our health.
But all that hangs in the balance, now that the law which gives us so much hope lies in the hands of the Supreme Court. We've come too far to go back now. Too many lives are on the line and this law means too much to all of us to go back to the 'bad old days' of denials, discrimination and despair of rising health care costs.
So tell us... what does the Affordable Care Act mean for you? The chance to buy health insurance without getting denied or charged more because you've got a pre-existing condition? More money in your pocket thanks to new standards on how big insurers use our premium dollars? Security and peace of mind about what lies ahead?
Tell us what the Affordable Care Act means for you.