- About Us
- Get Help
- PHAN's Policy Call Series
- Affordable Care Act 101
- Medicaid Expansion
- Small Business Health Coverage Guide
- For Seniors: Understanding and Protecting Your Care
- Take Action
- Support Medicaid Expansion
- Protect the Affordable Care Act
- Sign Up for Email Alerts
- Contact Your Representatives
- Protect Medicare & Medicaid in the Federal Budget
- Ensuring Access: UPMC and Highmark
Keeping Our Promise on Grandparents Day
This Grandparents Day, lets honor our loved ones and the lessons they taught us by doubling-down on our fight to protect Medicare and Medicaid.
Grandparents Day is a time to spend time with our loved ones and remember the lessons they taught us. I'm thinking a lot about my Grandpa, Charlie Byler (aka Poppy) today.
Poppy grew up in the Great Depression, served in World War II and raised five kids on a mill worker's salary. When I was little, he'd take me to the farm and teach me about the cows and the birds and all the different flowers. Poppy taught me a lot of things growing up, but the most important lessons I learned from him came not from his words, but through his example -- how he lived his life. You work hard, you look after others, you tell the truth, and you keep your promises.
That's why I'm writing this today. Our opponents are not telling the truth about Medicare, and they are working to break that sacred promise we made to our seniors and to our children back in 1965 when President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare and Medicaid into law.
We can't stand by and let them get away with it. The stakes are too high -- for our grandparents today, and our kids in the years to come.
Click here to email your friends the truth about how the new health care law strengthens Medicare and alert them to the very real dangers of the Ryan Budget("Vouchercare").
And if you haven't already, please sign our Pledge to Protect Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
Lets keep the promise together!
We can't let opponents threaten the care of our seniors. Here's how you can help:
2. Help the truth on Medicare go viral. Forward a message to your friends right now. We've got it all set up -- all you have to do is enter their emails and add a personal note about why this fight matters to you.